Asset Protection and Planning
Asset Protection and Planning – how we can help
Asset protection and planning is an important aspect of our work. The greater the level of planning there is in place, the less likelihood there is of disputes further down the track. Disputes over wills and assets are some of the most common issues we deal with, and often this is simply due to lack of asset protection and planning.
Asset protection and planning we undertake with clients can include:
- Writing of Wills
- Formation and management of trusts
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Creditor and asset protection
- Succession planning
As experienced lawyers working in Nelson and Westport, we can offer comprehensive advise in relation to asset protection and planning.
There are many things to consider when deciding how to pass your assets on, and how to protect them. Getting a Will drawn up by a professional lawyer is a major part of this process, and the most important step if disputes are to be avoided at a later date.
As lawyers, it is our job to manage the execution of wills. However, prior to this, we are often involved in the legal aspects of:
- formation and management of trusts
- executing Enduring Powers of Attorney
- creditor and asset protection
- succession planning
- the legal aspects of entering into residential care
- providing advice on residential care subsidy and purchase into retirement home.